Monday, December 29, 2014

Our aim to break the record for the longest ever wind-powered land journey


“It’s called a Whike,” said Ned matter-of-factly, as if I should know exactly what he was talking about. “A recumbent tricycle with a sail,” he continued. “Naturally,” I mocked. Two metres in length, slightly wider than a normal bike, two pedals, two wheels at the back, one at the front, and a 1.6msail mounted on top. This bizarre contraption, I thought to myself, should belong on Mario Kart, not on a road. Nevertheless, Ned promised me that when a strong crosswind catches the Whike’s sail, combined with a good old leg pump, it can reach speeds of over 50km/h. Easy!




















from - Travel RSS Feed http://rss.feedsportal.com/c/266/f/3851/s/41d89cc7/sc/14/l/0L0Sindependent0O0Ctravel0Cour0Eaim0Eto0Ebreak0Ethe0Erecord0Efor0Ethe0Elongest0Eever0Ewindpowered0Eland0Ejourney0E99482560Bhtml/story01.htm

via IFTTT

0 comments:

Post a Comment