Friday, January 30, 2015

Why Travel With Kids, By Kids

No one expresses it quite so clearly or truthfully as children. At my family travel website suitcases&strollers.com, I've interviewed many children about their experiences of family holidays and their responses about why they like to travel are unique, inspiring and sometimes hilarious.



2015-01-29-suitcasesstrollers.JPG





From a parent's perspective, family holidays can seem like a lot of work. No home comforts, a change of routine, jet lag and no familiar babysitters or support. But despite these inconveniences, there are so many reasons to travel with kids. As a self-confessed travel addict, travel writer of many years and founder of a family travel website suitcases&strollers.com, I can give lots of reasons to pack up all the gear and invest in a family holiday - phrases such as global citizen, cultural tolerance and lifelong shared memories come to mind.



But it's the kids who are the ones who really express the magic of a life on the road the best. So here are some of my favorite quotes from my "little globetrotters" about why you should travel with kids.



"You have to sleep on a bed when you're at home, but you don't have to sleep on a bed when you're in an aeroplane."

Jed, 5





"You can see what other people do, like if they put a dot on their head."

Sean, 7





"Every kid has their own personality but I can see that I have many stories to tell, exciting stories, while many others don't. In Zambia one morning while we were camping an elephant from a big herd came to us! Curious! He was only 5 meters from us and we couldn't move because they are wild and might be dangerous. We were having breakfast. He stared at us just looking; that was scary and nice; I wish that could happen one more time."

Pampa, 11





"[The best thing I've ever done on family holidays was] quad biking in Cambodia because it was so fun and my brother fell off."

Josie, 11





"I don't miss home or school. I'm getting a much more authentic experience on the road and life isn't so plastic here. The reason why I don't miss school should be obvious."

Miro, 13





"I am the real Spider-Man that goes traveling with my webs everywhere in the world."

Tehue, 8





And then, sometimes, there are the not so positive aspects of travel.



"Customs! It is a long line and there is no point to it. It is really boring."

Mia, 10





I couldn't have said it better myself.



from Travel - The Huffington Post http://ift.tt/1yLIf53

0 comments:

Post a Comment